Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "The 50 Best Cheesecakes in the World" cookbook. I have been searching for a good cheesecake that does not require a springform pan and isn't a total calorie overload. When cut into 12 wedges, a single serving is 291 calories so this sounds perfect! Please allow 5 to 8 hours for cooling and refrigeration. Times are a guess-timate until I make this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 lbs dry curd cottage cheese or 1 1⁄4 lbs farmer cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (heaping tablespoon)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice (approx. juice of 1/2 a medium lemon)
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- To make crust, mix together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pat into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 1/2 inch glass pie pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- To make filling, mix together in an electric mixer at medium speed the cottage cheese or farmer cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, eggs, lemon juice, cream and vanilla.
- Pour filling into crust, sprinkle cinnamon over top, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cheesecake will *not* be set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for 1 to 2 hours.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours before serving.