1/1 Photo of Anne of Green Gables-Coconut Macaroons
Psalm AKA Typo Qween's Note:
This recipe is from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook. The author is Kate Macdonald who was L.M Montgomery's granddaughter! the quote from Anne of Windy Populars is "No, thank you, Kate, I won't have any more tea...well, mebbe a macaroon. They don't lie heavy on the stomach, but I'm afraid I've et far too much." Unfortunately it does not tell me in the recipe prep time or servings all are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Place whites in large bowl. Beat whites with electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until egg whites are still and glossy, but not dry.
- 4With rubber spatula, gently fold sugar, coconut, and almond extract into egg whites. DO NOT STIR.
- 5Drop batter by teaspoonful onto parchment paper - about 1 inch apart. Bake macaroons for 20-25 minutes, until they look dry on top.
- 6Dampen tea towel, remove parchment paper with macaroons from cookie sheet, and place them on the damp tea towel and cool completely. This allows the bottoms of the macaroons to cool quickly.
- 7Peel macaroons off and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne of Green Gables-Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g