1/1 Photo of Anne of Green Gables Chocolate Goblin's Food Cake
1 hr 35 mins
gingerkitten D's Note:
This recipe is the Anne of Green Gables Cookbook, by Kate MacDonald. This the excerpt from the book that inspired this recipe: "I just grow cold when I think of my layer cake. Oh, Diana, what if it shouldn't be good! I dreamed last night that I was chases all around by a fearful goblin with a big layer cake for a head." -Anne of Green Gables
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3In a small saucepan boil a little water--about 1 cup.
- 4Set a samll mixing bowl over the boiling water and add the chocolate.
- 5Turn the heat to low and melt the chocolate.
- 6Remove the bowl and let it cool.
- 7Measure the sifted flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- 8Mix dry ingredients together.
- 9Add chocolate, milk, and melted butter to the flour mixture.
- 10Mix together then beat for 1 minute with electric mixer.
- 11Add eggs and vanilla to the cake batter and mix another 3 minutes with the mixer constantly scraping down the sides with an rubber spatula.
- 12pour cake batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- 13Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 14Test cake with a toothpick.
- 15when the cake layers are done remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- 16Remove from pans onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- 17Frost with Chocolate Fudge frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne of Green Gables Chocolate Goblin's Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4136.0
- Calories from Fat 2010
- Total Fat 223.3 g
- Saturated Fat 134.6 g
- Cholesterol 1034.7 mg
- Sodium 5737.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 514.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.7 g
- Sugars 303.1 g
- Protein 65.5 g