Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied cherries, red & green each halved
- Prehaet oven 235.
- With mixer, cream butter with sugar thoroughly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups of flour with baking powder and salt mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Now add the cherries with remaining 1/2 cup flour fold into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Bake in 235 degree F oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes in pan, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.