Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Years ago Mom compiled a family cook book for my eldest sister when she went off to college. What has become of the final version I don't know, needless to say its gone. However I've got Mom's notes. I'm attempting to save these recipes by posting them here. Any of Mom's special notes I'll include in parenthesis. But needless to say some of these are not complete recipes. Enjoy!
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Mix sugar, salt, and curry.
- Place pecans on baking sheet and sprinkle with oil and spices.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- (Don't Refrigerate. Will keep 2 to 3 weeks.).
Yum! If you're afraid to try this because it tastes like curry--think again. My Dad hates curry, and he couldn't stop eating these. These are so flavorful and delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2012.