Recipe by Cookie16
This is an old family recipe. I have no idea who Anne Marie is but her name adds a nice touch doesn't it?
Top Review by flower7
This is a great easy quick pantry sauce. I used med. shell pasta because I thought it might hold the sauce better than ziti (plus I didn't have any ziti on hand). I added a little fresh basil and some of the pasta water to the sauce to thin slightly and used more than just the white part of the onions. Thanks for sharing! ~October 21, 2013. Update: The leftovers were a little dry but I may have cooked the tomato mixture a little too long when I initially made this.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, cliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry basil, crushed in fingers
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 scallions, sliced, mostly white part
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside in large serving bowl.
- While pasta water is heating and pasta is cooking, heat oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and saute til lightly browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes, beans, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently.
- Cover and simmer until pasta is done cooking.
- Pour tomato and bean mixture over pasta in serving dish.
- Top with scallions, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.