Recipe by dogsandwoods
I've been trying to find the perfect meat replacement. Unsuccessful, I decided to give it a go. As I am more than pleased with the results, I thought that it would be great to share this with you. (NOTE: This recipe may not be used for profit.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the black beans and egg in a food processor.
- Microwave red pepper and water for 15 seconds.
- Remove red pepper from microwave and add parsley to hydrate.
- Transfer puree to a bowl. Add red pepper and parsley mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Form into patties and fry in oil.
- NOTE: Patties stick to the hands, but not to plastic gloves.