Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
This recipe is courtesy of actress Jenna Fischer (Pam on The Office) This is her mother's recipe, and it was published in Self Magazine. This is the original recipe, but I've also published my vegetarian version.
- 1 lb ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1⁄2 cup rice (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green bell peppers (or any combination of red, yellow, or green)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Clean peppers, and cut off the tops and dig out the gross stuff inside. (The original recipe actually says that!) Set aside.
- Combine turkey, rice, salt, pepper and 1/2 C of the water.
- Scoop the mixture into the peppers, and place peppers into the crock pot.
- Mix soup, Worcestershire, and the other 1/2 C of water. Pour over peppers.
- Cover and set crock pot on low. Cook for 6-7 hours.