Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe comes from Byrn's cook "What Can I Bring?" She says it is a delicious meal, fit for company; so I am saving it here for future reference.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 -5 lb) pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place honey, ketchup, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic powder in a small saucepan. Simmer about 5 minutes. Keep heat LOW. Remove from heat.
- Rinse pork and dry with paper towels. Place in a large roasting pan or 2 9x13 glass dishes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and additional garlic powder. Generously brush tops of meat with mustard.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes and then brush with honey glaze. Continue baking 2 hours, brushing every 15 minutes.
- Let meat rest 20 minutes before serving.
I wanted to try a new recipe for Tenderloin in the oven. Gave this recipe a try and followed the recipe as is. Turned out very good and tender. I would make again. I am going to make this recipe with chicken thighs. Will pour all the sauce over the chicken and baste during cooking. Should be yummy.
Made this for company last week. It was delicious. Making it again tonight. Followed the directions except only cooked it for 1 hour after the initial 15 minutes. Carla Villanova Abernathy
This was soooooo goooooood! I didn't spoon the mixture over the pork as it cooked. I doubled the amount of glaze I made and poured all of it over the pork as it cooked. So juicy, the flavor was amazing.