Recipe by Steingrim
An easy recipe for "yellow rice." This is my wife's favorite rice that I make for our dinners.
Top Review by Julesong
I love this yellow rice (as I should, since I'm Steingrim's wife!). :) I love it when he makes it for our meals. It's not at all difficult to make, and rich and buttery-tasting.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water.
- Add bouillon cubes to dissolve, then stir in converted rice and onion flakes.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in small saucepan and add annato seeds.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- When rice is done, pour annato mixture through a strainer and into the rice.
- Add parsley and stir well until color is mixed evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!