Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy recipe for "yellow rice." This is my wife's favorite rice that I make for our dinners.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Boil water.
- Add bouillon cubes to dissolve, then stir in converted rice and onion flakes.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in small saucepan and add annato seeds.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- When rice is done, pour annato mixture through a strainer and into the rice.
- Add parsley and stir well until color is mixed evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love this yellow rice (as I should, since I'm Steingrim's wife!). :) I love it when he makes it for our meals. It's not at all difficult to make, and rich and buttery-tasting.
this is the only way i make my rice now. everyon loves it and it's quick and easy!!!
Great yellow rice! The texture and flavor of this rice was very good. It was buttery with not too strong of an annato taste. My family loves yellow rice and I've been searching for the recipe for a long time. I've tried a few recipes, but none have compared to this one! I normally buy the packaged "yellow rice" by Goya because it's my step-daughters favorite, but this beats Goya by far! Plus, I feel better about giving my family something that wasn't packaged. I'll be making this rice for years to come! Thanks Steingrim for sharing a great recipe!