3 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I orignally found this on verybestbaking.com (posted by M.Mauch). My grandmother was looking for an easy recipe for tres leches. This has become one of her most requested cakes. It's very rich, very moist, and very delicious. Serve it cold from the fridge or bring to room temperature before serving. Prep and Cooking times include waiting for the syrup to soak in and chilling the finished cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan generously with vegetable oil spray.
- 2Blend cake mix, pudding mix, whole milk, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute.
- 3Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 4Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 32 to 34 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven and cool for 2 hours on wire rack in the pan.
- 8After the cake is cooled, poke holes all over the top of the cake with a fork. The more holes the better.
- 9Whisk together evaporated and condensed milks, heavy cream, vanilla and rum.
- 10Spoon milk syrup mixture over the top of the cake, stopping to allow syrup to soak in each time. Continue until all syrup has been used. It seems like too much, but it's not.
- 11Cover cake with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 12Top with whipped topping before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anna's Tres Leches Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.3
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g