Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A modified version of Chilis salsa that has a little more depth and is spicier.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned jalapenos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- In a blender combine chopped onion and jalepenos to make a corse paste.
- Peel and quarter tomatoes. Place in a bowl in microwave for 1 minute Then add to onions & jalepenos, but do not blend.
- Add sugar, cumin, garlic salt and black pepper. (Amounts of these can be adjusted to your own taste and heat preference).
- Puree for 5-10 seconds.
- Place in refrigerator until chilled. Serve with your favorite corn chips.