I do not know Anna personally, but I was given this recipe by a friend of hers who is a food critic for a local newspaper. It is not a classic souffle but more of a custard that bakes around a puffy filo. It is perfect for brunch, lunch or a light supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stack the Filo horizontally on your work surface, brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter as you stack.
- 2Sprinkle the cheese over the bottom third of the Filo.
- 3Roll up the Filo very loosely, jelly-roll style.
- 4Coil the roll loosely in a greased 1-quart souffle' dish.
- 5Brush the coil with butter.
- 6If desired, cover and chill the dish up to 8 hours.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350^F.
- 8In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- 9Stir in the milk, salt and pepper.
- 10Pour the mixture over the Filo and into the center of the dish.
- 11Bake the souffle', uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top of the filo is golden, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 12Serve the souffle' warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anna's Romanian Souffle'
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 594.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g