Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother who got it in 1947 from a older friend of hers. Although I've tried a lot of cranberry salads, I always come home to this one. Great for Christmas
- 1 lb cranberries, ground coarse
- 2 cups apples, ground coarse
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package red Jell-O (strawberry, raspberry, cherry jello is preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Mix cranberries, apples, sugar and pineapple together.
- Let set for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare jello as directed.
- Let half set and add cranberry mixture.
- Add nuts to mixture,.
- Refrigerate and let set.
- Note: Oranges may be added to cranberry mixture if desired.
I make a cranberry Salad like this every Christmas for years and it is delious, thanks for sharing