Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My daughter has become sick recently, and as a result, has become lactose intolerant. She felt like she was missing out on dairy, etc. and she came up with these delicious little pizzas. She uses a vegetable derived cheese called Veggie Shreds. These pizzas are versatile- you can omit the chicken for a complete vegetarian version. You can also use real pizza dough if desired. Not lactose intolerant and looking for a great pizza recipe? Make using all regular ingredients for a delicious supreme pizza. Don't have spaghetti sauce in the house? Here's a trick- use a small amount of ketchup with a dash of italian seasoning- sounds weird, but tastes great nontheless! These pizzas can be popped into a toaster oven for a quick and nutritious snack. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 -3 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced into chunks
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 thomas sahara mini whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup soy mozzarella cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Saute peppers, onions, mushrooms, snd minced garlic till slightly cooked. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder- add to pan and saute with vegetable mixture until chicken is cooked and slightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Split pitas in half. Spoon on about 1 tablespoons of sauce onto each half. Spread over pita. Sprinkle cheese on top. Spoon some of the supreme mixture on top of cheese, and sprinkle a little of the red pepper flakes on top, if desired.
- Bake mini pizzas at 400 F for 5-10 min., or until cheese is melted. Watch carefully to make sure pizzas do not over cook. Enjoy!