These cookies are not like your ordinary cookies. Along with being delicious, they are also nutritious! They are crunchy and are a great snack for kids. You can experiment with this recipe in any way you like. You have to be very careful,however,not to overbake these cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot (optional)
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds (optional) or 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1Combine the margarine, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor or electric mixer, and process to mix well. In a mixing bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, and process to mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, placing them 1½ inches apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with the tip of a spoon.
- 3Bake at 300°F for about 15 min, or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks, and cool completely. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anna's Granola Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 132.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g