Recipe by edlos1
These cookies are not like your ordinary cookies. Along with being delicious, they are also nutritious! They are crunchy and are a great snack for kids. You can experiment with this recipe in any way you like. You have to be very careful,however,not to overbake these cookies.
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup hulled sunflower seeds (optional) or 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the margarine, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor or electric mixer, and process to mix well. In a mixing bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, and process to mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, placing them 1½ inches apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with the tip of a spoon.
- Bake at 300°F for about 15 min, or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks, and cool completely. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container.