Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is pretty good. It's simple, and it is easy if you don't have the stuff on hand for the real baked ziti. I like to use the Montreal Chicken Seasoning in this recipe for extra flavor. This is one of those recipes that you can change and tweak to your liking. We like to eat this baked ziti with a little extra of the cream sauce over top. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces ziti pasta (about a box and a half)
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (about a jar and a half)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like your pasta sauce)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon mccormick Montreal chicken seasoning
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a seperate pot, cook ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, Montreal Chicken seasoning, and adobo. When meat is cooked, add spaghetti sauce. Add sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian Seasoning- mix well, and bring to a boil. Combine sauce with cooked and drained pasta.
- In a small pot, combine milk, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper- bring to a boil. Add parmesan cheese and mozzarella- bring to a boil once again. If sauce needs to be thickened, combine flour in a small amount of cold milk and add to sauce. Bring to a boil again until it is thickened.
- Pour pasta and meat sauce mixture into a lightly greased 9x13" pan. Pour cream sauce over top of pasta, and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake until everything is hot and bubbling. Serve with extra cream sauce or garlic bread if desired.