Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a very good side dish. It is creamy, cheesy, and of course- easy! It is delicious! The family prefers it to be made with crushed Saltine crackers on top, but if you'd like to use breadcrumbs, it will still come out tasting great!
- 591.47-709.77 ml frozen broccoli florets
- 295.73 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (optional)
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 295.73 ml breadcrumbs or 295.73 ml crackers, crushed fine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a seperate pot, bring milk, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil. Add parmesan cheese, and return to a boil. If cream sauce needs to be thickened, combine cornstarch with a little cold milk and add to sauce. Boil until thickened.
- In a seperate bowl, combine frozen broccoli, cream sauce, and a little salt. Pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar sheese over top of broccoli mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine bread / cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle over top of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 min., or until everything is hot and bubbly, and cracker crumbs are golden brown.