Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a very good side dish. It is creamy, cheesy, and of course- easy! It is delicious! The family prefers it to be made with crushed Saltine crackers on top, but if you'd like to use breadcrumbs, it will still come out tasting great!
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄4 cups crackers, crushed fine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a seperate pot, bring milk, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil. Add parmesan cheese, and return to a boil. If cream sauce needs to be thickened, combine cornstarch with a little cold milk and add to sauce. Boil until thickened.
- In a seperate bowl, combine frozen broccoli, cream sauce, and a little salt. Pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar sheese over top of broccoli mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine bread / cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle over top of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 min., or until everything is hot and bubbly, and cracker crumbs are golden brown.