Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, easy, vegetarian soup that's great with a little parmesean and store bought croutons on top. Speed up prep time by buying pre-chopped onion and bell pepper.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen mixed vegetables (stir fry type)
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 4 -6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large soup pot, combine onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and italian seasoning. Simmer until the onion and bell pepper soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Slice a loaf of french bread (or any type of artisan bread you prefer) and place in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 10-15 minutes until slightly browned and crispy. Top each bowl of the soup with a slice of the bread and sprinkle with parmesean cheese.