Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
This is favorite recipe from our Aunt Anna and when we children came to her house we always thought it was an exotic meal. Perhaps she found it on her trips to Hawaii. I think it is a nice blend of fruit & chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 lbs, pounded to a thickness of about 1/2 inch)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the salsa
- 1Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and dip in the.
- 2milk. Dredge very lightly with the flour, dip into the beaten.
- 3egg, and coat with the coconut.
- 4Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and.
- 5saute the chicken until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 6Combine the ingredients for the salsa in a mixing bowl and toss.
- 7gently to combine. Serve the chicken on a bed of the salsa,.
- 8or spoon the salsa over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anna's Coconut Chicken With Three-Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g