Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These biscuits are so good! My family loved them- said that they tasted like the biscuits from KFC! They come out to be really light and fluffy. The dough is also very nice, and I even like to use it in one of my desserts. If you need to save time, you don't have to sift the flour- but the sifted flour does make them a little bit more light. This recipe will make more or less biscuits depending on the size you make them. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut the butter or shortening into the flour until it is the consistency of cornmeal- slightly crumbly. Add milk or buttermilk all at once.
- Stir the dough until it comes away from the sides of the bowl, then turn it onto a lightly floured board. Sift a small amount of flour over the top. Knead dough until no longer sticky and it is smooth.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness. Cut dough with a bicuit cutter or cookie cutter dipped in a little flour. Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with a little melted butter.
- Bake biscuits 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Fantastic biscuits. Made as directed and they were tender, light and perfect all around. Served with orange blossom honey and homemade cherry jam. Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.