From Canadian chef Anna Olson. Posted for ZWT4.
Make and share this Anna's Blueberry Mini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C) and grease or line a 36 cup mini muffin tin with paper liners. You may use a regular 12 hole muffin tin as well.
- Whisk oil, honey, eggs, yogurt and orange zest to blend.
- Stir together wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in another bowl.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and stir just until blended. Add blueberries and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Muffins will keep 2 days in an airtight container, or can be frozen.
The texture of these was really nice. Light and fluffy inside and nice and crusty outside. I did feel that they could've used a bit more honey... the blueberries in my neck of the woods are pretty tart right now. Next time I might increase the honey or add a bit of brown sugar. Mine baked up in 15 minutes.
These are great little muffins and what a hit they where - ZWT4 made my office a happy space today!!!
The blueberries have just come into our garden and so they were used in these little muffins that tasted heavenly. I didn't have whole wheat flour so used a bit of cake flour in place. The orange zest, the honey, coupled with the yogurt was just wonderful tasting and I sent 10 mini's home with my son. Thank you so much Sue! Made for *ZWT4* June 2008.