Recipe by Sue Lau
From Canadian chef Anna Olson. Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by ElleFirebrand
The texture of these was really nice. Light and fluffy inside and nice and crusty outside. I did feel that they could've used a bit more honey... the blueberries in my neck of the woods are pretty tart right now. Next time I might increase the honey or add a bit of brown sugar. Mine baked up in 15 minutes.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C) and grease or line a 36 cup mini muffin tin with paper liners. You may use a regular 12 hole muffin tin as well.
- Whisk oil, honey, eggs, yogurt and orange zest to blend.
- Stir together wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in another bowl.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and stir just until blended. Add blueberries and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Muffins will keep 2 days in an airtight container, or can be frozen.