Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Several years back, I asked my mother in-law what kind of cake would she like me to make for her birthday. Not wanting to trouble me, she requested a simple pound cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Only problem, I'd never made a pound cake. But a found a recipe and have since modified it. Now every time I see beautiful strawberries in the spring, I am tempted to make a pound cake.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml agave nectar
- 236.59 ml vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 768.91 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 300. With non-stick cooking spray, spray and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and agave nectar.
- Add yogurt and eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, before removing from pan.