Recipe by Aproned Cynthia
Several years back, I asked my mother in-law what kind of cake would she like me to make for her birthday. Not wanting to trouble me, she requested a simple pound cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Only problem, I'd never made a pound cake. But a found a recipe and have since modified it. Now every time I see beautiful strawberries in the spring, I am tempted to make a pound cake.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300. With non-stick cooking spray, spray and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and agave nectar.
- Add yogurt and eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, before removing from pan.