1/2 Photos of Annacia's Spice Islands Hot Chocolate (Lighter)
Wanted to try Spice Islands Hot Chocolate but needed a way to make the calories and fat work out a bit more in my favor. Though keeping some of the chocolate makes this a wee bit of an indulgence, it certainly makes this a better option for low fat folks like me or diabetics. Have not tried the original, but I think this captures the it's flavors. Thank you Annacia for sharing your recipe and helping to create this one. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon non-fat powdered milk (optional)
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free, for garnish
- 1Melt chocolate in 1 cup of skim milk, over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Whisk in the nonfat powdered dry milk breaking up any bumps. (Not required but it gives the milk a little more body.).
- 3Gradually add remaining milk, and the spices.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until completely heated. Add in the extracts and Splenda.
- 5Serve topped with Cool Whip Free and sprinkled with additional nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Annacia's Spice Islands Hot Chocolate (Lighter)
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cool Whip Free