Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my ex-mother-in-law, whom I still am close too. I craved these when I was pregnant. They are DE-LISH!
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- salt & pepper
- In large skillet cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towlels.
- To bacon drippings add onions and cook until clear.
- Open beans and place in a casserole dish.
- Add bacon drippings and cooked onions.
- To those add the mustard, ketchup, salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Crumble bacon and put on top of the beans.
- Bake for 30 - 40 mins at 325*.
You've got a GREAT recipe for baked beans here, although when I made it I only used 1/2 lb of very lean bacon! Combined it all with honey mustard & the other ingredients, & it was very, very good! Certainly something to make again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]