Recipe by Annacia
This is from Anna Olsen and the Splenda site.
Top Review by awalde
A flavoursome "different" apple pie! I used some of our apples and walnuts from the garden.
I'm always looking for different apple pies. Food.com is the best way to find unconvential recipes. Your recipe war really good and after so many apple pies, still not special. Everybody had more than one piece!
Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups peeled and sliced baking apples (such as Spy, Spartan or granny smith apples)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until dough comes together.
- Shape into a disk, wrap and chill for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick and line an 8-inch, removable-bottom fluted tart pan.
- Freeze while preparing filling.
- For filling, whisk butter and the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Stir in ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Place chilled tart shell on a baking tray and arrange apples and pecans in shell.
- Gently pour filling over apples and pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until edges of pastry are browned and filling no longer jiggles when pan is moved.
- Let tart cool for an hour before slicing.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.