Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
delicious soup given to me by my neighbor.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 beef soup bone
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 parsnip, sliced thin
- 1 small turnip, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 pinch oregano
- In a large pot put stew meat and bone, cover with water.
- add salt and pepper,onions,celery, carrots,parsnips, turnip and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 2 1/2 hours.
- Add worcestersauce bulion cubes and oregano simmer another 1 hr and enjoy!