Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted over the years for my family's taste. Original recipe calls for 8 oz. tomato sauce instead of chili sauce over the top. If you don't like sauce on top of your meatloaf, then leave it off. This is an old recipe, written long before MSG (Accent) was determined to be evil. Use at your own risk.
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- chili sauce (or 8 oz. tomato sauce) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together except bacon and chili sauce.
- Put in loaf pan.
- Cover with bacon strips.
- Pour chili sauce over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This was "to die for" good. My DH has never liked my meatloaf but he had a fit over this. I would not change a thing. I got showered with kisses from DH. Thanks for a great recipe.
To NurseDi: Your Ann Lander's Meat Loaf is great. By far,the best I've fixed in ages. My own concotion usually turns out like "Road Kill"! I will definitely be stirring this up again. Thanks for sharing. Laudee
My husband loved this meatloaf.He could only say where's the pieces. (My meatloaf always falls apart)