Recipe by Jezski
Different and refreshing. If you like cucumbers in sour cream, you'll like this. A vintage recipe made by my little old Polish mother, who received it from an even older Polish lady. I've never seen this recipe anywhere else. I suspect it might have a bit of a German history somewhere. Use these measurements as a guide; this is for a fairly large head of lettuce.
Top Review by Skip H.
Mayo is just not the real deal, totally different. Grew up with this during every holiday. Want more sweet sour taste, use plain white vingar, adjust with sugar. Never use Mayo, thats just not lettuce and cream
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (may or may not need)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce in bowl. Sprinkle with salt, don't use too much, let wilt. Squeeze out lettuce.
- Combine dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over lettuce and mix.
- The ribs of the lettuce will have just a very slight crunch.
- Can adjust sugar or vinegar to taste.