Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A Japanese sweet "jello" style dish. The original was about.com. Note the recipe called for 1/2 a stick of agar-agar. Sticks vary in size. The average is about 10 mg so this is based on that. The Adzuki bean paste is actually called Anko however this ingredient caused problems.
- Soak agar-agar in water to soften. Then if needed cut the agar-agar into small pieces.
- Put 1 2/3 cup of water in a pan and put on low heat.
- Add squeezed agar-agar in the pan and dissolve in the water. Stir until completely dissolved then if needed strain the liquid and add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Now pour the liquid in a flat container and cool to firm.
- Mix water, sugar, and lemmon juice to make syrup. If you need to thicken heat it and reduce.
- Cut kanten jello into small cubes.
- Serve kanten jello and fruits in individual bowls.
- Pour syrup in the cups and put anko on the top.