That is Dr House to you's Note:
A Japanese sweet "jello" style dish. The original was about.com. Note the recipe called for 1/2 a stick of agar-agar. Sticks vary in size. The average is about 10 mg so this is based on that. The Adzuki bean paste is actually called Anko however this ingredient caused problems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup adzuki bean paste, see note
- peaches or orange
- 1Soak agar-agar in water to soften. Then if needed cut the agar-agar into small pieces.
- 2Put 1 2/3 cup of water in a pan and put on low heat.
- 3Add squeezed agar-agar in the pan and dissolve in the water. Stir until completely dissolved then if needed strain the liquid and add the sugar and lemon juice.
- 4Now pour the liquid in a flat container and cool to firm.
- 5Mix water, sugar, and lemmon juice to make syrup. If you need to thicken heat it and reduce.
- 6Cut kanten jello into small cubes.
- 7Serve kanten jello and fruits in individual bowls.
- 8Pour syrup in the cups and put anko on the top.
Nutritional Facts for Anmitsu
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: