Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My all time favorite garlic knots recipe. You may use your own bread dough if you want.
Make and share this Anme's Garlic Knots recipe from Food.com.
- Proof yeast in water, honey and oil. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Once proofed add 1 cup of the flour mixed with salt and cheese to the yeast mixture stirring until very smooth.
- Add the rest of the flour a little at a time stirring well after each addition of flour.
- Once flour is added knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, turning to coat, and let rise for about 1 1/2 hours covered with a towel.
- Grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll risen dough out into a rectangle and spread oil over dough then and cut into 12 strips. Tie each strip into a knot and place on the baking sheet. Cover and let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- While dough is rising again mix butter and garlic in a saucepan over low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes then coat with garlic butter and sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
These are wonderful! Made the dough in the machine, and like another reviewer, trial and error in the dough strips so ended up folding the strips in half for tying. Melted the butter and garlic in the microwave and used a pastry brush to completely coat the rolls before sprinkling with parmesan. The bread is not as dense as my favorite restaurant version, but the flavor is spot on! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
Wonderful recipe! I did use my own bread dough, but I used this recipe as my guide for my garlic butter and parm topping. I used a bit less garlic because I don't like mine overly strong. They turned out wonderfully!
The rolls were tasty, but the sauce did not have a lot of flavor to it. I would make the rolls again and try a different sauce.