A yummy apple pie with a crumb topping.
Make and share this Anme's Apple Crumb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, very cold
- 2 tablespoons very cold water
- 5 -6 cups apples, peeled, cored, sliced very thin
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Mix flour and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two knifes cut in the cold shortening until it looks like crumbs.
- Sprinkle cold water over flour.
- Toss mixture with a fork to combine.
- Add more water if needed.
- Gently gather dough together into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough and place into a 9 inch pie plate.
- PIE FILLING:.
- Mix apples, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl then place in unbaked pie crust. (Note: Lately I sometimes I add an egg wash to the crust to make it more crispy but the pie is equally as good without).
- Mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over apples.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 Degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.