1/20 Photos of Anme's Apple Crumb Pie
1 hr 25 mins
A yummy apple pie with a crumb topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, very cold
- 2 tablespoons very cold water
- 5 -6 cups apples, peeled, cored, sliced very thin
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2Mix flour and salt.
- 3With a pastry blender or two knifes cut in the cold shortening until it looks like crumbs.
- 4Sprinkle cold water over flour.
- 5Toss mixture with a fork to combine.
- 6Add more water if needed.
- 7Gently gather dough together into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 8Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 9Roll dough and place into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 10PIE FILLING:.
- 11Mix apples, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl then place in unbaked pie crust. (Note: Lately I sometimes I add an egg wash to the crust to make it more crispy but the pie is equally as good without).
- 13Mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar together in a bowl.
- 14Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 15Sprinkle topping mixture over apples.
- 16Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- 17Bake at 375 Degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- 18Remove foil and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, until top is golden brown.
- 19Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anme's Apple Crumb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g