Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple yet tasty cheesecake using cottage cheese and sour cream, yummy! It helps to have an electric mixer or blender, i didnt but the texture was good!
- 1 (200 g) packet biscuits (i used arrowroot cuz i like them)
- 200 g softened butter (i use extra light margarine)
- 500 g cottage cheese (low fat if u want)
- 250 ml sour cream (again low fat if u want)
- 100 ml whipping cream (not whipped, must be full fat i don't know why)
- 2 eggs
- 50 -100 g sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celcius, grease and line 9' springform cake tin.
- Crush biscuits and add softened butter.Mix.
- Press crumb mix into bottom of cake tin and set aside.
- In large bowl mix cottage cheese till smooth, add sour cream, cream eggs and sugar.
- Mix well.
- pour into cake pan and sprinkle almond flakes over top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- you can add different flavours or fruits to the cheese mix, or keep it plain. Either way tastes great.