1/2 Photos of Anko Manju
Steamed, light cakes filled with sweet bean paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Form 1-2 tablespoons of bean paste into balls.
- 2Mix together water, sugar, and baking powder
- 3Sift and slowly stir flour into the mixture (removing all lumps).
- 4Knead the dough on a floured board until it
- 5has the consistency and softness of an earlobe.
- 6Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- 7Wrap the dough completely around each ball and place in a cloth lined steamer.
- 8Lightly spray water over the manju for a smoother finish.
- 9Steam over high heat for about 10 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Anko Manju
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet bean paste