Recipe by Chef*Lee
I love the fresh fruit this time of year!! I made up this salad combining fresh pears and strawberries with a tangy balsamic dressing. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by FloridaNative
Chef Lee, this was an unusual salad for me...I really liked the sweet/tangy combination, but it sure made me pucker :) The 1st time I've had balsamic with fruit, but I liked it the more I ate of it. Will definitely put this on in the keeper cookbook, though I may experiment with it using apples. Thanks for the recipe, made for Potluck Tag, Jan 2009.
- 3 fresh pears, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, pref. raw-thick type
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds (2oz)