Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the fresh fruit this time of year!! I made up this salad combining fresh pears and strawberries with a tangy balsamic dressing. I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 fresh pears, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, pref. raw-thick type
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds (2oz)
- In a large bowl; mix balsamic, honey,vanilla, lemon juice, and almonds.
- Add strawberries and pears then toss to coat.
- Chill then enjoy!
Chef Lee, this was an unusual salad for me...I really liked the sweet/tangy combination, but it sure made me pucker :) The 1st time I've had balsamic with fruit, but I liked it the more I ate of it. Will definitely put this on in the keeper cookbook, though I may experiment with it using apples. Thanks for the recipe, made for Potluck Tag, Jan 2009.
Lee, if I could, this would be a 10 star recipe. I've had strawberries in balsamic & sugar before, but this goes beyond the pale!! Just the right amount of sweetness versus the natural tang of the fruit. I really didn't know if the strawberries were better or the pears. The only difference between yours and mine, is that I left mine out on the counter so the flavors would be even more intensified. So, in consequence, mine is a lot darker than yours. I would have loved to post a picture, but wouldn't you know it, tonight I took some really lousy pics. I can't say enough good things about this salad, so keep coming up with these wonderful recipes. Wanted to but couldn't, because some one got there first, adopt for Spring 2008 PAC.