Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
These are wonderful--full of flavor with a hint of sweet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 usa Anjou pear, cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease 12 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in large bowl. Combine milk, egg and oil in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture with pear and nuts just until moistened. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.
- Note: Anjou Pear Cheese Muffins can be frozen in aluminum foil or plastic food storage bags. Reheat, unthawed, at 350°F 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.