Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sumptuous halwa to which the addition of ground almonds lends a smooth texture.
- 200 g dried figs (24 nos, anjeer)
- 3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched, peeled and powdered
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
For the garnish
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Cook the figs in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and puree them in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the powdered almonds and saute over a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pureed figs, milk powder, sugar with 1/2 cup of water and cook for about 5 minutes till the sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with slivered almonds.