Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Just as the title says, this is easy to prepare; but it tastes just wonderful. My SIL prepared this for us one day and I had to have the recipe. Note that the alcohol in the wine cooks off; this dish is acceptable for children.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made this dish last night for dinner and it was a hit! It was very easy to prepare although the directions seem to call for extra mushrooms that aren't in the ingredient list but I didn't use them. When I make this again, I will add some extra mushrooms just because I love them. I used very thin breasts so only baked about 40 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks for posting a keeper!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll the chicken breasts in the bread crumbs and place in a pyrex baking pan, being sure they fit without overlapping. Cover each breast with a slice of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle mushrooms over, if used.
- Mix together the wine and cream of mushroom soup and pour over all.
- Bake 50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F. oven.