Recipe by chris_tam
This is my family's way of preparing Turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This Turkey is so moist and juicy the meat literally falls off the bone. The secret to this moist Turkey is to cook in a roaster oven all night on 250°F.
- 21 lbs turkey
- 1 bunch celery (diced)
- 4 large onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw turkey out in refrigerator the day before you are ready to cook.
- Chop celery and onion in a large bowl.
- put the turkey in the cooker along with all the vegetables and seasonings.
- Fill the turkey cooker half full of water -- (this keeps the turkey moist and also makes the broth we use for our family gravy and dressing.
- Cook on 250°F (slow-low) all night long. I usually put on about midnight and it is ready to bone and make dressing etc. with around 10:00 a.m. the next morning.