Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love rice and I especially love my rice cooker. I came up with this recipe recently and just love how simple and tasty this recipe is. The Sunflower nuts add a little something extra to this rice and make it special. I thought other rice lovers might enjoy too.
- 1 cup rice (Jasmine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 1⁄4 ounces long grain and wild rice (uncle ben's box)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Put all ingredients in rice cooker, stir.
- Add lid. Turn on and wait approximately 20 minutes until rice is ready.
- Remove lid, stir and serve.