Laureen J's Note:
This is from my good friend Anita - it has a great mixture of yummies and makes an all in one meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Baby Spinach or 1 (16 ounce) bag iceberg lettuce
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) package pine nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) bag bow tie pasta, cooked and tossed in salad dressing
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 2 lbs salmon (basa or talipia) (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle paul newman parmesan salad dressing (or olive oil and balsamic vinegar or olive oil and lemon)
- 2Bake ahead with cajun seasoning (or old bay, etc.). Something with a little bite works well in this salad.
- 3Bowtie Pasta:.
- 4Cook per package instructions and toss with some dressing to coat.
- 6Tear or cut the lettuce into bite size pieces.
- 7Add onion, black olives, feta cheese, pine nuts, craisons and bowtie pasta.
- 8Add dressing to coat - fresh washed hands works best.
- 9Put into individual bowls.
- 10Add broken pieces of fish on top.
- 13Ingredients can be prepped ahead, however put it together when ready to serve.
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anita's Salad Meal
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
parmesan salad dressing