Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A from scratch homemade ranch recipe. SO YUMMY!
Make and share this Anita's Homemade Ranch recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (light is ok)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (light is ok)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Stir all together until smooth.
- If you want dip, leave as is, if you want dressing add 1 tbs milk or buttermilk at a time until you reach the desired consistency (aprox 2 tbs is how I like it).
- As the flavors blend, it gets better.
This was a very nice ranch dressing! I did add the optional cumin and enjoyed this combination of herbs and spices. I added the 2 tbsp of buttermilk as you suggested and it made a really smooth and creamy dressing that we enjoyed very much.