1/4 Photos of Aniskrabeli and Anisbroetli (Swiss Cookies With Anise)
24 hrs 30 mins
These Swiss cookies have been baked since medieval times! For Krabeli you do not need the fancy molds (stamps).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar and eggs using a blender until they are very soft.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and knead into dough.
- 3For Aniskrabeli form on a floured surface rolls 1.5 cm (½ inch) thick. Cut pieces of 4-5 centimeters (2 inch) of length. Make 3 oblique cuts and fold your cookies slightly (like in the picture).
- 4For Anisbroetli you need a stamp. In this case roll out your dough on a floured surface or make small balls with your hands. Print the shape with your favorite stamp.
- 5Put the small pieces onto a baking tray and dry for about 12- 24 hours at room temperature (this step is essential!).
- 6Bake them for 15-25 minutes with 150 degrees Celsius (300F). These cookies shouldn’t turn brown! (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- 7Let them cool down and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aniskrabeli and Anisbroetli (Swiss Cookies With Anise)
Serving Size: 1 (1457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: