Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Make and share this Aniseed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat cooking oil in wok or large frying pan on medium-high. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for about 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove from wok.
- Add garlic and ginger to same wok. Heat and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat and then add chicken. Cover and Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove and discard star anise.
- Stir water into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Heat and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce is boiling and thickened.
- Serve over your favourite rice.
- This recipe also freezes very well. Freeze it with your favourite fried rice for an asian microwave tv dinner, or use leftovers in your favourite egg roll recipe!