Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different kind of aniseed roll,fried instead of baked with a little wine and dipped into syrup
Make and share this Aniseed and Orange Rolls (Borrachuelos) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 pint oil
- anise seed
- 1⁄4 pint white wine
- 1⁄2 pint orange juice
- 2 lbs self raising flour
- 1 egg
- put oil in a pan and fry the aniseed.
- leave to cool.
- put the orange juice and wine in a bowl and mix.
- add the oil and aniseed.
- place the flour in a bowl, and make a hole in the center, and add the rest of the ingredients (except the syrup) and the egg, beaten.
- mix to form a fine dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- Roll out and cut into circular shapes, fold in half and fry.
- once fried, dip into the syrup and sprinkle hundred's and thousand's over them.