Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is a cake mix recipe for a nice coffee break treat.
- 16 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons anise seed
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Grease and flour a 15 X 10X 1- inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, oil and eggs at low speed until moistened, beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Fold in anise seed and almonds.
- Bake at 325F for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, cut three equal strips lenghthwise, cut 12 strips crosswise.
- Place bars 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Increase temperature to 350F and bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cut side begins to toast.
- Remove from cookie sheets immediately; cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store loosely covered.