Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a 4-H cookbook. This is something a little different. I love the taste of the anise in this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla and anise seed.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chill dough for several hours.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with favorite cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10 - 15 minutes at 325.