- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons anise seeds, ground
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (I use light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- (I use the wrappers from the butter to grease pan) In a small bowl sift together flour and salt and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, vanilla and anise seed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream to mixture and beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake is golden and springs back when touched with fork.